Should webinar be part of your marketing strategy? Absolutely.
If you dig for webinar usage data, you can quickly found that in 2019 alone, 61% of marketers used webinars as part of their content marketing strategy.
Every year, new webinar platforms and software introduced into the market, making it harder to decide which to use and which are the best webinar platforms that have the most features but also cost-effective.
I have tried, reviewed, and compared them. Now I have the data to share with you. Here is my updated list of the best webinar software platforms and software.
Best Webinar Platforms and Softwares in 2020 – Updated List
#1. WebinarJam – Best Webinar Platform Based on Its Marketing Tools and Tech
WebinarJam is my top-rated webinar platform because they provide marketers with a complete range of webinar marketing tools backed with powerful and easy-to-use tech.
WebinarJam is a webinar platform built for the benefit of online marketers.
Two prominent focus of WebinarJam are:
- Providing marketing tools that work to convert webinar attendee into paid customers
- Providing high-end webinar platform backed up with outstanding and robust technology
Now let’s check both the marketing tools and tech features.
WebinarJam Marketing Tools
These marketing tools work effectively to increase conversion rate.
Invite attendees by sending them an email containing the One-Click registration link. This means no registration form submission required. When a person you invite click the link, he/she will automatically be signed as a registered attendee. Less work for your attendee. The One-Click registration link will work to increase the webinar registration rate.
During the webinar, the host will be able to pop their promotion offer box. This pre-configured box refers to what WebinarJam called as ‘active offer‘ box. This box can display a countdown timer that works as scarcity – which will urge the attendee to purchase. By using this feature, you will have better sales conversion.
Landing Page Builder
WebinarJam provides landing page templates which you can customize according to your need, or you can start creating your landing page from scratch using the builder. You can then embed the finished landing page onto your site so that it can stream through your server. Or you can take the URL of the completed landing page and share it with your prospects.
You can easily connect WebinarJam to your favorite email marketing software or CRMs. Once it connected, sending emails directly from WebinarJam dashboard is a breeze. You can write automatic follow up emails that set to post before and after the webinar.
Slide Presentation Made Easy.
WebinarJam makes you possible to present your marketing slides in a clear and crisp HD format. Usually, when you upload a presentation file, it will lose quality, but not when you upload it to WebinarJam. A clean presentation will help your attendees to understand your promotion correctly.
You Can Create Both Free or Paid Webinars.
Most webinar platform or software only offers the feature to create free live webinars, and only a few who provide the functionality to create a paid webinar. A paid webinar is often needed by specific industries that required their audience to pay for the content of the webinar. With WebinarJam, this handled easily and efficiently.
Polls and Surveys
Finally, during the live webinar, you can host polls and surveys. The results can use as based information for your next webinar or make it is as a foundation to develop a better product for a specific audience.
WebinarJam Tech Features
These techs are responsible for bringing outstanding performance to all webinars held by WebinarJam platform. These what you get when you use WebinarJam:
- WebinarJam can hosts from 500 up to 5000 attendees. For a small meeting webinar with less than bet10 attendees, WebinarJam still work as good as you hold a bigger webinar.
- Webinar preparation until broadcast only takes less than 5 minutes
- High-quality video and audio – WebinarJam use the best tech to stream the audio and video. They utilize the RTMP, WebRTC, HLS, and Flash to provide crispy clear audio and video
- Easily share your screen – share your presentation screen with your attendees with just a click of a button
- High-speed Chat – You have two options: A Live chat where all attendees can see and the Private chat where only specific attendee you choose that will see your message
- Automated recording – WebinarJam will record your live webinar and will send it automatically to the late attendees, no one left behind, and more opportunity for you to get more sales
- Scheduling – Set specific dates and times for all of your webinars. You can re-schedule when you need it
- Automated webinar – You can set your recording as an automated webinar where it plays just similar to a live webinar. This replay works great if combine with email automation tools
- Pre-configured and set your email to send automatically to your list. Those emails can work as a reminder before the webinar started and as a follow up after the webinar ends
- Invite attendee to stage so they can act as presenter
- Browser-based – No need to install software. Anyone can access your webinar from anywhere in the world. Works with all devices, big screen or small
- Panic button – When you are having a network connection problem, click this panic button, and WebinarJam will automatically transfer hosts and all attendees to another working room without the hassle
- Easy and quick file sharing – Send pdf, excel, and image files with drag and drop system
- Control room – The control room is a special room intended for your assistants so they can work in the background to help you with the technicals while you focus on the talk
- Branded room. This room is a specific room that will be named after your chosen name whether it is your company name or your name that resonates your brand, and this room will available 24/7
- Password protected room – your branded room will be well protected from unwanted attendees who accidentally found or purposedly search your webinar room URL
- Detailed Analytics – You can see activities happen during the live webinar, audience retention rate, who’s leaving, how many were taking action, conversion rate, and all other essential analytics data
With these all features, you can quickly start your webinar and convert your audience to paid customers easily.
Special offer for my blog readers, you can start using WebinarJam with its full features included, just $1 for 14 days.
After 14 days, you can pick one of the plans that suited to your need.
The annual pricing of WebinarJam is proven to be the most cost-effective pricing on the current webinar market. However, the only drawback is, WebinarJam only offer yearly plans, no month to month payment plans available at the moment.
The good thing is, you can start with WebinarJam by giving a shot to their $1 for 14 days trial.
So here is the breakdown of WebinarJam pricing plans.
- Basic – $499 – 2 presenters, 500 max attendees – 2 hours webinar per webinar, unlimited webinars
- Professional – $699/year, maximum four presenters, max 2000 attendees, 3-hour max per webinar, unlimited webinar
- Enterprise – $999/year – max six presenters, up to 5000 attendees, 4 hours max per webinar, unlimited webinars
After 14 days and if you decided to opt for the main annual plan, you still backed up with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
WebinarJam Best For
Bloggers and online marketers who would like to sell their online courses or services. Coaches and professionals who would like to offer their services or programs. Companies who would like to connect to their partners and audiences.
WebinarJam is a webinar platform with excellent marketing tools that work to convert attendees into paid customers. All the tech features make the host interact with the attendees and create engagement easily. WebinarJam offers all of its best functionalities with annual plans, but you can start with $1 for 14 days to test it.
#2. Demio – Best Simple Webinar Platform
Demio is the second-best and cost-effective webinar platform, especially if you look for a robust platform with simplicity. Demio founded in 2014, and from there, they help individuals and companies to host affordable, high-quality webinars.
Demio Interface and Marketing Tools
To serve better, Demio provides simple to use interface and marketing tools. So let’s check them out.
- Demio is outstanding in design. I should admit that the Demio’s webinar interface design is immaculate and crisp. As for design, yes, Demio is way better compared to WebinarJam
- Demio is browser-based – Nothing to download. Save bandwidth and time
- Demio webinar platform is intuitive and adapts perfectly to display nicely in every modern web browser
- Demio provides HD video and best quality audio performance.
- They also have a various registration page and thank you page templates that come with a smooth drag and drop landing page builder where you can customize the templates to your heart content
- To manage emails, connect Demio to your chosen autoresponder or CRM service
- Chat box – Chat box feature will enable you to interact with all audiences or with specific attendees actively
- Create a poll easily – With a few clicks, you can easily create a poll and survey. Attendee will see the polls result directly from their chat box
- Automated recording – Once you start the live webinar, Demio will automatically record it, and then you can share the recording with your attendees or anyone who came late to the webinar
- Intuitive analytics page – Demio track all your attendees straight from the registration page to the end of the webinar
Where Demio is Lacking
Demio is a great webinar platform, but some essential conversion tools do not exist yet on Demio, or I can say that these are the cons of Demio.
- There is no One-Click registration link feature. Because of this, a person who would like to join the webinar should fill and submit the registration form. This submission process will put extra work for the attendee and causing you a lower registration rate
- For some reason, Demio doesn’t have the feature to create a paid webinar
- Only capable of having from 50 to 500 attendees and host up to 1000 attendees, you need to submit a request
- No features to automatically redirect a live webinar to other functional room when network error taking place
- No Control room. Without the control room, this means that you need to handle everything by yourself. Besides talking to your attendee, you need to share slides, files, videos, and offers. The control room is the place for your assistant to handle all of that. But since no control room available, your assistant should have access to your laptop so he/she can manage all of that during the webinar so that you can focus on the talk
- Not able to conduct surveys
- Demio offers outstanding security guarantee, but they do not provide you with the ability to create a password
As you can see, Demio is lack of a few crucial features both in the marketing and technical sides.
Therefore, I should place Demio as the second-best webinar platform under WebinarJam.
But, there are some positives that Demio has compare to WebinarJam, they are:
- A minimum of 10 hours webinar session per webinar
- Support available for 24/7
Unlike WebinarJam, which only provide annual plans, Demio has both monthly and yearly plans.
Here is their pricing as today.
Starter – 50 attendee – 1 host – $49/month and $34/month if paid annually ($411/Year)
Growth – 150 attendee – 1 host – $99/month and $69/month if paid annually ($811/Year)
Business – 500 attendee – 4 hosts – $234/month and $163/month if paid annually ($1965/Year)
Based on the pricing, Demio is a lot less affordable compared to WebinarJam, but with some limitations.
Demio is best for an online marketer or entrepreneur who is planning to hold small meetings. It delivers all the standard of a webinar platform.
Demio has a generous 14-day free trial plan and 30-day-money-back guarantee after you are using the paid plans.
#3. ClickMeeting – Best Easy to Use Webinar Platform
ClickMeeting is a webinar platform founded in 2011 by Getresponse, a leading email marketing software company.
ClickMeeting offers a cleanly designed webinar platform with handy marketing tools at an affordable cost. To test their interface and tools, you can try it for free.
With the free trial plan, you can start creating a webinar with up to 25 attendees. During your trial days, you can host an unlimited number of webinars.
All paid plans come with industry-standard preparation tools, interaction tools, and analytic tools.
ClickMeeting’s preparation tools offer a range of powerful features such as a tool to custom brand your invitation, a tool to prepare a paid webinar aside of free, a waiting room tool, and the tool to create an automated webinar.
The interaction tools will allow you to stream the webinar on Facebook, and you can draw your presentation on a digital whiteboard, live.
You can create polls, surveys, and directly moderate the question and ask sessions.
The most important thing is, you can increase your sales by providing a call to action button. This button, when clicked, will pop a box containing your prepared limited timed offer.
For the analytic tools, ClickMeeting offers standard analytic to track the statistics of attendees.
The free trial plan will last for seven days. When the trial over and you continue with the paid plan, you should be aware that there is no money-back-guarantee offered. So it is a good move to take the trial to the fullest before committing to the paid plan.
As for pricing plans, ClickMeeting offers an option to pay both monthly and yearly.
The most popular plan, Automated, starts from $40/mo (when you pay for 12-month), and $45, if you pay monthly, can host up to 25 attendees. To host more than 25 attendees, you need to upgrade your plan.
Here is the cost breakdown for all the paid plans when you choose to pay annually.
The Live Plan
- 1-25 attendees for $25/mo.
- 25-50 attendees $35/mo.
- 50-100 attendees $60/mo.
- 100-200 attendees $119/mo.
- 200-450 attendees $139/mo.
- 500-1000 attendees $239/mo.
The Automated Plan
- 1-25 attendees $40/mo.
- 25-50 attendees $45/mo.
- 50-100 attendees $75/mo.
- 100-200 attendees $145/mo.
- 200-450 attendees $179/mo.
- 500-1000 attendees $279/mo.
ClickMeeting is a great webinar platform based on its capability to help you gain conversion from your webinars. A webinar platform without powerful marketing tools is just like a dull knife. If you think sales conversion is more important than design, I suggest you choose ClickMeeting instead of Demio. But for a more robust solution, you should try WebinarJam.
When you decided to choose ClickMeeting, you are in good company. Their live chat support available from Monday to Sunday in selected hours. As an addition, their ticketing system works 24/7.
#4. WebinarNinja – Best Productive Webinar Platform
WebinarNinja is a webinar platform that helps marketers to create a webinar in the quickest way possible. They make this possible by providing simple production tools that will help you focus on how to share your content, not the tech side.
The Best of WebinarNinja
When a webinar created using WebinarNinja, the platform will autogenerate a registration page, the thank you page, and the email sequences. All pre-populated automatically.
You can create a paid or free webinar with WebinarNinja.
You can upload your presentation to WebinarNinja and presenting it in HD video.
During the presentation, you can show an offer pop up box. Your attendee will see it, and if they want to buy, they just need to click the offer, which will take them to the payment page.
Thankfully, WebinarNinja equipped with great interaction and marketing tools like above.
WebinarNinja Paid Plans Explained
All paid plans include marketing tools such as auto email notifications, instant chat, question & answers, live chat, polls, and instant timed offers.
However, if you want to create a Hybrid Webinar, it available only within the Plus and Power plan. With the Starter and the Pro plan, it only possible to create live and automated webinars.
They have a variety of plans and it for a good reason. WebinarNinja seems built to well-suited to all business sizes. The cheapest plan designed for marketers and small businesses as it can hold up to 100 attendees, and for enterprises, they can host up to 1000 attendees.
Unlike WebinarJam, which only offer yearly plans, WebinarNinja gives the flexibility to choose between the monthly or the yearly plans. Be advised; the annual plan comes with a 20% discount.
These following are the pricings for the yearly plans.
- Starter – 100 attendees – $39/month or $468 yearly
- Pro – 300 attendees – $79/month or $948 yearly
- Plus – 500 attendees – $129/month or $1548 yearly
- Power – 1000 attendees – $199/month or $2388 yearly
To be honest with you, with these kinds of price, you better to use WebinarJam, especially if your webinars consisting up to 500 attendees.
With WebinarJam you only pay $499/year, and $1548/year with WebinarNinja.
I believe that you and I will agree to this one crucial thing when it comes to producing webinars – we need a stable, fully-trusted platform with robust automation tools that work to help us to make money from the webinar.
My best advice for WebinarNinja is, try it. If you are happy with it, proceed with the paid plan.
Luckily, WebinarNinja comes with a free 14-day trial. When you continue with the paid plan, there will be no money-back-guarantee offered.
#5. GoToWebinar – Best Webinar Software
GoToWebinar is a webinar software that has been around since 2010, and they were hosted more than 3.000.000 webinars by more than 50.000 customers. They are the most popular, cost-effective, and best webinar software for marketers and large enterprises.
GoToWebinar stands out from the crowd because they are the first webinar software that able to host up to 3000 attendees in a single webinar.
For individual marketers and small businesses, who mostly host relatively small size webinars, I recommend the basic plan, starts from $59/month (when you pay monthly) and $49 (when you pay yearly – $588/year).
The basic plan or the Lite plan comes with almost everything needed to host a successful webinar.
Today, GoToWebinar has grown into a complex platform. However, it still offers simplicity on its functionalities.
With that in mind, let’s dive into its features.
The Software Features
All plans come with event management tools, scheduling tools, webinar registration pages, automated emails, polls, and surveys. You can also accept payment directly from your webinar.
However, GotoWebinar conversion tool is lacking one crucial element – NO option to show a limited timed offer during the live webinar.
To host a webinar using the software, you and the attendees must download GoToWebinar software as it is not a browser-based webinar platform.
This process will create headache for some non-techy attendees. Moreover, not all This process will create a headache for some non-techy attendees. Moreover, not all computer and devices will work with the current version of the software.
So, I recommend you to use WebinarJam instead since it is more cost-effective, browser-based and it has a more powerful conversion tool.
Through time, GoToWebinar has proven to be the number one software for webinar events despite the difficulty that might occur.
If you are curious about GoToWebinar, make use of their 7-days free trial, which all the paid plans features included.
No money-back-guarantee will be offered after you purchase the paid plans.
#6. BigMarker – Best Webinar Platform for Companies
As stated on the BigMarker website, they intend to help companies to grow business and reach more customers by utilizing live events or webinars.
Because of that, in their white label plan, it allows up to 10000 attendees while in the lower plan, starts with 100 attendees.
Breakdown of Costs
The cost of plans also clearly showing that BigMarker is targeting companies. The cheapest plan starts from $79/month (when you pay yearly with a total of $948/year), and for up to only 100 attendees. Compare that to WebinarJam that cost only for $499 annually, and can host up to 500 attendees.
BigMarker’s popular plan is the Summit plan. It can host up to 1000 attendees for $3588/year, while with WebinarJam, you can host up to 5000 attendees for only $999/year.
So it’s clear that BigMarker is targeting ‘Big’ companies.
However, for the high price tags they give, it also comes with great features.
Overall, their features include the flexibility to choose the kind of webinars you want, whether a free or paid, on-demand, recurring, automated, evergreen, or 24-7 webinar. BigMarker is browser-based and offers marketing features such as chat, polls, QA, screen sharing, automatic recording, pop-up offer, landing page builder, and email automation.
I noticed that for the pop-up offer, it could not display a countdown timer, this is a shame though because countdown timer is a powerful conversion tool.
BigMarker can’t accept direct payment through the webinar. However, for the paid webinar, which attendees should pay before entering the webinar, you can accept payment.
I recommend you use this excellent webinar platform if your company needs to host more than 5000 attendees. BigMarker is reliable and easy to use to host massive events. But for smaller webinars, use WebinarJam instead.
BigMarker provides a 7-day free trial, and when you finally opt to a paid plan, they considered you as a satisfied user, so there will be no money-back guarantee for the paid plans, it is not refundable.
#7. EasyWebinar – Best Webinar Software for Individuals and Small Sized Companies
EasyWebinar is a newcomer in the webinar software market. EasyWebinar was used to hold a webinar with an audience of 6 million people and remained stable.
But in its use, this webinar software is more often used to hold webinars on a small scale. The cost is still within reach of individuals and also small and medium-sized companies.
However, since EasyWebinar is a software, some limitation occurs.
With EasyWebinar, you can create a live webinar, evergreen webinar, hybrid, and the automated webinar. But the software not able to create a paid webinar. So this may not be suited for professionals who offer their webinar content by charging the prospects.
To attend the webinar, your attendees should download the software and install it. This process seriously takes some effort for them and might lower down the registration rate.
Here is why EasyWebinar is better than many other webinar software out there:
- Their marketing tool is powerful in creating conversions
- Their automation tool well integrated with various online marketing software and CRMs
- One-click registration link to allow new prospect to easily and quickly sign up for the webinar
- Stream your webinar on Youtube Live and Facebook Live
- The ability to push limited timed offer with a countdown timer in it
- Great audio powered up with TrueVoice technology
And currently, EasyWebinar offers three months free with its annual plan.
The cheapest plan is the Standard plan starts from $59/mo (if you pay annually with a total of $508/year) and $78 if you pay monthly. The Starter plan included up to 100 live attendees.
The middle plan, the Pro plan is $1080 if you choose to billed annually ($90/month) and $129 month by month payment that includes up to 500 live attendees.
The biggest plan, the Enterprise plan, starts from $349/month or $4188/year. If you choose to pay monthly, it will cost you $499/month. With this biggest plan, you can host up to 2000 live attendees.
EasyWebinar is a reliable software you can use to host your events. If you are interested in using this outstanding webinar software, start with 14 days free trial to test it.
Be advised that if you straight to the paid plan, no money-back guarantee offered.